Education and Experience
Mr. Angus Xie graduated from Peking University with the degree of Bachelor of Law in 2010, and graduated from The University of Chicago with the LL.M. degree in 2016. Angus passed the bar exam in China and in New York. His working language is Chinese and English.
Before joining Sunland Law in 2019, Angus worked at Broad & Bright, Clifford Chance and Zhong Lun Law Firm. In his over 10 years practicing experience, Angus assisted various leading international and Chinese companies in merger filings, national security review, antitrust investigations and compliance. Angus has expansive experience in merger filings in global M&A deals, including both the Chinese filing for global transactions and the antitrust filing and foreign investment review for Chinese clients’ outbound investments in other major jurisdictions in the world, including the EU, U.S., Australia, Germany, Israel, Argentina, Brazil, etc.
Angus has expansive experience in antitrust and outbound investments by Chinese enterprises, and has worked on many influential deals. The recent ones include:
● Assisting in the Chinese merger filing for United Technologies’ acquisition of Rockwell Collins, which is recognized by GCR as the Merger Control Matter of the Year – Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa;
● Coordinating the global merger filings for COFCO in its investment in Nidera and Noble Agriculture (involving antitrust filings in about 20 jurisdictions globally);
● Advising The Coca-Cola Company in its acquisition of China Green, which was unconditionally approved by the Ministry of Commerce of China despite its previous prohibition of The Coca-Cola Company’s acquisition of Huiyuan;
● Assisting GE in several projects including its acquisition of Baker Hughes and selling of its water treatment business;
● Providing legal services regarding antitrust and national security review to Electricite De France in its establishment of a power joint venture in China;
● Advising several leading private equity funds including KKR, Carlyle, Blackstone and CITIC Capital on merger filings in various acquisitions; and
● Providing legal services to several clients in the investigations initiated by the Chinese antitrust agencies or on their internal compliance regime with the Anti-Monopoly Law of China.
Email Address: email@example.com
Telephone:+86 10-6460 9388